The Ickworth may be a grand and historic building, but our attitude is modern and accommodating. We understand that a holiday is only a holiday if everyone has a break, that’s why we offer complimentary childcare filled with fun activities so that the adults can relax while the children play.
We appreciate that parents need a break too, which is why we offer free childcare and children’s activities for children up to 8 years old. Use the time to relax with a spa treatment, share a candlelit dinner or enjoy some feet-up time reading the paper.
Despite the grandeur of Ickworth, we welcome the sound of little feet – and paws too – we would love you to treat our hotel like your own country home. We encourage children to be curious, active and adventurous: find the giraffe in the Walled Garden, spot deer on the estate, slide and swing in the fairy garden and explore woodland trails. We have bikes and all-terrain iCandy pushchairs for hire.
Our excellent facilities inspire quality family time both indoors and out. Make a splash with the children in the pool, and enjoy leisurely family meals. Older children can make friends in the games room, while you sip champagne in the gardens or chill out with a treatment. With 90 minutes free childcare for each night of your stay, on a first come first served basis, you’ll have plenty of time to relax and unwind, whilst our expert Four Bears’ Den team and babysitters look after the little ones, alternatively switch on the baby-monitoring system, or arrange for a babysitter.
On Wednesday and Sunday mornings we run the Children’s Breakfast Club from 8am until 9.30am, allowing you that much needed lie in or a quiet breakfast! Please pre-book with the Four Bears’ Den by 4.30pm the day before (on a first come first served basis).
More information about the Four Bears’ Den and family sessions can be found at the bottom of this page.
We’ll inspire you to spend precious time as a family, but we never expect you to compromise on quality because you have kids in tow.
Here are just some of the things we do to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At The Ickworth, we keep things simple for you.
- Childcare For each night of your stay we offer up to 90 minutes of free childcare in our Ofsted-registered Four Bears' Den for babies over three months.
- Baby monitoring and babysitting Enjoy a grown-up dinner date by taking advantage of our complimentary baby monitoring. This system allows you to personally monitor your child from anywhere in the main hotel on a handheld device. Simply request the service from Reception and they will provide you with the equipment you need along with details on how to use the system. Please note that a deposit of £150 will be added to your room until the device is returned to Reception. This service is not available in The Lodge, however, we can organise a babysitter – often our own Den team. Please contact our Reception team to book.
- Baby equipment We like your holiday to start before you’ve even left home, so we make packing easy. We’ll liaise with you before you arrive to ensure your room is equipped with every item of baby equipment you need, including cots, nappy bins and bottle warmers.
- Bottles and food We can heat bottles and bring fresh morning and evening milk to your room, free of charge. Our chef is also happy to provide puréed food from 7am to 10pm.
To take a look at our spacious double rooms and family suites, click here.
With a toddler friendly hotel, you can enjoy the perfect toddler friendly holiday. This is how we do it…
- Four Bears’ Den Our Den is every toddler’s idea of heaven. Packed with games, toys and books, it offers a safe and fun space. For each night of your stay we offer up to 90 minutes of free childcare in our Ofsted-registered crèche.
- Children’s dining Choose when you’d like them to eat, with flexible dining options. Children’s High Tea is served from 5pm-6pm. Or opt for family dining, complete with a special ‘Younger Ones’ menu.
- Outdoors There’s plenty to do around the Ickworth estate, even for those with little legs. Venture out to explore our fairy garden, complete with cars, wendy house and trampoline, or borrow a bike (with stabilisers) and go for a ride.
- Swimming Have fun in our indoor heated swimming pool, which is well stocked with floats, noodles, and everything else little minnows might need.
- Toddler equipment We know that raising a toddler involves a lot of paraphernalia, which is why we’ll liaise with you before you arrive to be sure your room has everything you need, including bed guards and potties.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable child friendly holiday suddenly seems so easy. At The Ickworth, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Four Bears’ Den For each night of your stay we offer up to 90 minutes of free childcare in our Ofsted-registered Four Bears’ Den – suitable for children up to 8 years old - subject to availability, due to limited number of spaces.
- Club Blu is perfect for older children where they can play Wii, X-Box, Play Station, table tennis and table football.
- Cinema room Join in at 6pm daily to watch the latest children’s blockbusters in the cinema room.
- Outdoor play Run, jump and soar in the brilliant National Trust adventure playground, complete with climbing frames, swings and activities for all ages. At the hotel bounce on the large trampoline (complete with safety nets), or borrow a selection of garden games from reception. Get active with a game of tennis – our tennis court is open for daily use and all equipment is available from reception.
- Swimming Borrow floats, toys and noodles and splash about in our indoor heated swimming pool. There are even poolside loungers to flop out on for a rest.
- Flexible mealtimes Dine whenever it suits you, with your children or without. For them, we have the option of High Tea – an earlier meal from 5pm-6pm – or family dining with you in the conservatory. Our children’s menus contain age-appropriate portions and even include ‘mocktails’ for sophisticated young ones.
To find the perfect family room for you, click here.