We appreciate that parents need a break too, which is why we offer free childcare and children’s activities. Use the time to relax with a spa treatment, share a candlelit dinner or enjoy some feet-up time reading the paper.
Despite the grandeur of Ickworth, we welcome the sound of little feet – and paws too – and expect you to treat our hotel like your own country home. We encourage children to be curious, active and adventurous: find the giraffe in the walled garden, spot deer on the estate, explore the fairy garden, visit the farm animals and cycle along woodland trails.
Our excellent facilities inspire quality family time both indoors and out. Make a splash with the children in the pool, explore the estate on foot and by bike, and enjoy leisurely family meals. Then turn the children over to our expert crèche staff and babysitters, switch on the baby-listening system, or leave older children to make friends in the games room, while you sip champagne in the gardens or chill out with a treatment. With two free hours of childcare on each day of your stay, you’ll have plenty of time to relax and unwind.
We even run a Sunday Breakfast Club, collecting your children and entertaining them, so that you can enjoy a lie-in. Please note we are unable to collect children from the Lodge.
We’ll inspire you to spend precious time as a family, but we never expect you to compromise on quality because you have kids in tow.
Here are just some of the things we do to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At The Ickworth, we keep things simple for you.
- Childcare For babies over three months, we offer up to two hours of free childcare each night stayed in our Ofsted-registered crèche.
- Baby listening and babysitting Use our complimentary baby-listening system and enjoy a grown-up dinner date. If your child wakes up or makes a noise, the listening panel at reception will be immediately alerted. Baby listening is unavailable in the Lodge, however, we can organise a babysitter – often our own crèche staff.
- Baby equipment We like your holiday to start before you’ve even left home, so we make packing easy. We’ll liaise with you before you arrive to ensure your room is equipped with every item of baby equipment you need, including cots, nappy bins and bottle warmers.
- Bottles and food We can heat bottles and bring fresh morning and evening milk to your room, free of charge. Our chef is also happy to provide pureed food from 7am to 10pm.
To take a look at our spacious double rooms and family suites, click here.
With a toddler friendly hotel, you can enjoy the perfect toddler friendly holiday. This is how we do it…
- Crèche and children’s activities Our Ofsted-registered crèche is every toddler’s idea of heaven. Packed with games, toys and books, it offers a safe and fun space to leave your little ones for a free two-hour session each day.
- Children’s dining Choose when you’d like them to eat, with flexible dining options. Children’s High Tea is served from 5pm-6pm. Or opt for family dining, complete with a special ‘Younger Ones’ menu.
- Outdoors There’s plenty to do around the Ickworth estate, even for those with little legs. Venture out to explore our fairy garden, complete with cars, wendy house and trampoline, or borrow a bike (with stabilisers) and go for a ride.
- Swimming Have fun in our indoor heated swimming pool, which is well stocked with floats, noodles, and everything else little minnows might need.
- Toddler equipment We know that raising a toddler involves a lot of paraphernalia, which is why we’ll liaise with you before you arrive to be sure your room has everything you need, including bed guards and potties.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable child friendly holiday suddenly seems so easy. At The Ickworth, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Crèche For each night of your stay we offer up to two hours free childcare in our Ofsted-registered crèche – suitable for children up to 8 years old. Older children can head off to Club Blu to meet friends and play Wii, X-Box, Play Station, air hockey, table tennis and table football.
- Cinema room Join us at 6pm daily to watch the latest children’s blockbusters in the cinema room.
- Outdoor play Run, jump and soar in the brilliant National Trust adventure playground, complete with climbing frames, swings and activities for all ages. Bounce on the large trampoline (complete with safety nets), or borrow a selection of garden games from reception. Get active with a game of tennis – our tennis court is open for daily use and all equipment is available from reception.
- Swimming Borrow floats, toys and noodles and splash about in our indoor heated swimming pool. There are even poolside beanbags to flop out on for a rest.
- Flexible mealtimes Dine whenever it suits you, with your children or without. For them, we have the option of High Tea – an earlier meal from 5pm-6pm – or family dining with you in the conservatory. Our children’s menus contain age-appropriate portions and even include ‘mocktails’ for sophisticated young ones.
To find the perfect family room for you, click here.